Virtual Classrooms > Traditional Classrooms (They are Greater Than)
By Rocky White, President and Founder, The SyN Learning Institute
The boom of virtual classrooms has allowed organizations to provide more and better ongoing education to employees than ever before. The cost/benefit analysis to the provider says this type of learning is here to stay.
But how does virtual training benefit the student, the end user? In preparation of the launch of The Syn Learning Institute Virtual Classroom later this month, SyN has been looking at both sides of the virtual classroom equation and has found five key advantages students gain from virtual classroom experiences.
1. Increased Convenience. Without the location and time limitations of a traditional classroom, students have the freedom to absorb content, engage with peers on classroom topics, complete an assignment, or take an exam at a time – and for the duration of time – that best fits their schedule.
2. Schedule Flexibility. The ease of accessibility of an online learning platform offers busy students the opportunity to work full time and take classes. Working students or those with young children or other outside obligations are no longer limited by set schedules.
3. Knowledge Retention. Studies show that for the majority of students, online instruction delivers a more effective learning experience due to interactive modules, narrated online textbooks, multimedia tools, and knowledge checklists that can be repeated until the concept is mastered. Repetitive learning tools help students retain the information and stay focused on the learning objective at hand.
4. Immediate Feedback. Instead of waiting weeks to receive a score on an assignment or exam, students can read and review comments on assignments as they become available and receive immediate scores for online tests and quizzes. Such online progress reports help keep students (and managers) informed on performance and encourage better “bottom line” performance.
5. Increased Participation & Engagement. Online correspondence with peers and instructors is often faster and more helpful in virtual settings over traditional courses. Interactive comment and share features help students engage with and connect to classmates. Some students, who would be reluctant to participate in a face-to-face conversation, are more likely to engage in discussion using online, interactive dialogue functions.
The SyN Learning Institute will launch its virtual classroom, speakersyouneed.enterclassroom.com, later this month. The number-one advantage to its students is access to highly sought after professional instructors. Many of SyN’s teachers now utilizing The SyN Virtual Classroom as their preferred learning relationship manager (LRM), are featured at national conferences and are consistently retained by corporate clients for training talent. These very same professionals will be available live, and on-demand to SyN Virtual Classroom students, in the convenience of their business or home office.
Interested in making the transition to an online learning platform? The SyN Learning Institute can help your learning equation add up to a greater value than ever before. To discuss The SyN Learning Institute’s Virtual Classroom or other learning solutions, such as onsite training or live virtual training, contact Rocky White, President and Founder, The SyN Learning Institute at (firstname.lastname@example.org or 913-815-1494.)
The SyN Learning Institute – Where People Go To Learn