Wide World of Training:
Braving it with The SyN Learning Institute
With organizations investing between one and three percent of payroll on training, more and more leaders seek the biggest bang for their learning buck through the wide and wonderful world of outsourcing (SHRM). The SyN Learning Institute, a live seminar and online training company, was founded on the idea of outsourcing – that through a vast network of subject matter experts, they could build and deliver the best learning products at the most cost-effective prices.
SyN CEO Rocky White emphasizes that their model is to partner in learning, not move in and take over the function. “Our number one job as a learning partner is not to talk or teach, but to listen. We’re intent on discovering the problems, the needs and the priorities of our clients and then designing a learning solution that meets those needs, furthers the mission and grows the bottom line.” White says companies outsource their learning function for five key reasons.
1. Savings: The number one reason companies outsource training is to save money, up to 30 percent annually.
2. Speed: Success is often dependent on getting employees trained promptly and efficiently. With training outsourcing, the time between assessing needs and booking dates is often less than 1-2 weeks.
3. Scale: Through outsourcing, economies of scale are at work in two ways. First, companies can keep internal HR teams scaled down and focused on primary HR functions. Secondly, through the beauty of outsourcing, there is no limit to the number of experts or the quality of learning content.
4. Scope: Through outsourcing, companies can access training resources where they need them. It’s not a problem if your scope involves training needs in California while your HR department is located in Missouri. The SyN network reaches across the US and beyond. In addition, SyN is an expert in live virtual training where geographical constraints disappear entirely.
5. Subject Matter Experts: Outsourcing provides the most strategic way to source the best training talent. “We have more than 150 subject matter experts (SMEs) with extensive experience in specific industries. Our SMEs know the culture and nuances of your industry,” says White.
As human resource functions become more strategic and accountable to an organization’s numbers and metrics, they must employ best-in-class practices, which includes outsourcing the learning function. Learning Outsourcing, as outlined by SHRM’s “HR Outsourcing’s Next Wave,” combines “the benefits of shared services and advanced technology to create breakthrough impact on the cost, quality, and availability of learning across the global enterprise.” More simply put: through outsourcing, organizations get a better learning product at a better price.
There’s a wide world of training out there; brave it with The SyN Learning Institute.